With spring just around the corner and summer not far behind, it’s time to step up your gardening game and spruce up that neglected winter patch of yours. There are some great and easy ways to improve your garden without having to spend a fortune and here are some of them:
- Got some old wine boxes lying around in the garage? Turn these into boxes for planting herbs for a really rustic look full of country charm.
- You can even turn old tyres into pretty planters by painting them bright colours and planting flowers inside them. In fact many items can be made into planters and what a great way to reclaim an object that would otherwise be headed to landfill.
- If you have a creative or artistic streak then making garden ornaments can be a lot of fun. For example, spray painted chicken wire can be moulded into many shapes and vintage glass can create beautiful light catching arrangements.
- If you want to improve your garden with minimum effort then even activities like washing down the patio and a fresh coat of paint on the fences can breathe new life into your yard without too much effort. When you want new Fencing Gloucester, consider greenfieldsltd.co.uk/services/fencing/
- Never underestimate the power of a neat, tidy patio and a good barbecue.
- Add some decorative seating or a small iron table and chair to a quiet corner of your garden so you are reminded that the garden is not just for planting and pruning but also for quiet contemplation. Treat yourself to the opportunity to sit awhile and smell the lovely flowers and listen to the birds sing. Honestly, it’s good for the soul.