One of the main problems of companies when they start their social media strategies is how to get followers? Many experts will tell you that the number of followers does not matter, others will tell you that quantity is indispensable … well I will tell you both.
The strategy in social networks goes through 4 fundamental phases: Launch, Management, Optimization and ROI, although in this session, we will start focusing on the first phase, the launch phase.
One of the main objectives is to generate public, to obtain followers. Here we will take care of the quality of them, but in a non-selective or demanding way, since we need to generate a good image of our profiles and the number of followers without a doubt talks about the interesting or not of our brand. The people who come into contact with you for the first time in social networks, do not know that you have just started your work in it and therefore, it goes to the number of people that follow you in order to somehow know how much impact you generate.
In this first stage we can agree with those who affirm the importance of having many followers. You should also take into account that the more you are more likely to have viralize your message on the network.
When we reach the second stage of our strategy in social networks: the management, the number of followers as such ceases to be important, what is already relevant in this stage is the quality of them, which really are your target market.
Here coinciding with experts who say that quality is more important than quantity. It’s useless to have 35,000 followers on Twitter if they are users from 15 to 18 years old and we sell maternity clothes, ok?
We highlight some recommendations that can be used in the Phase (Launch) of your Social Media Strategy to achieve followers:
- Search the profiles that you are interested in following you and follow them.
- Connect your Twitter profile to your website.
- Find opinion leaders in your industry and follow the people who follow them.
- If you want people from a certain geographic segment to follow you, look for them through geolocation tools such as HootSuite or directly from Google
- Use #Hashtag with keywords that your market would occupy.
- Interact with your followers
- Give RT to the people you follow (worth the content)
- Join communities through #HashTag
- Create a community on a specific topic and give it a #HashTag invite!
- Invite your contacts from your personal profile
- Use Facebook ads
- Connect your Facebook profile to your website
- Use keywords in your publications, such as Notes.
- Make contests, they are one of the best tools.
- Post good content
- Invite your audience from other social networks to join this network
- Publish in a pleasant way integrates humor content about your business
- Use videos as they go viral in this network
- Encourage conversation
- Invite you to follow you on Facebook in your Blog and in your email marketing campaigns
- Include Facebook comments on your website
- Take advantage of the new applications of the TimeLine: Milestone, Photo of Biography, covers of applications, post fixes.
- Invite to connect all your contacts of university, company or school
- Use the “Search” tool to find people and that Linkedin will send you recommendations according to what you program.
- Check the contacts of your contacts and invite those that interest you.
- Keep your profile updated and dynamic.
- Join groups and participate in their debates and forums
- Answer questions about your area of knowledge
Although what will define your community will not be the number of people who follow you, but the quality of them, the reality is that the more people who follow you, the more likely your message goes further.