It is definitely essential to create a content platform to have a solid presence on the internet, and this rule is for all brands are large, SMEs or entrepreneurs. We must be specialists in generating content through which the market can find us according to its own search parameters.
This way, the creation of a blog becomes the most natural, agile and varied way of generating content, however, there are many people who either do not like to write or definitely do not have the time and patience that a blog implies, So do not worry! There are other ways to generate content to continue having a solid presence on the internet.
Here are some alternatives to content without having to open a blog
- Educational videos. Make short videos of 1 to 2 minutes and explain how to use your product or service, how to get the best out of it, or even how it works. Talk about your experience in your business area and share it in a creative and useful way for your market. With a video a week you could generate good traffic if your content is of value. Example: Vinoteca Mexico
- Photography. If you are visual it will be easy to find images that you share with your market, look for them to have a relationship with your business and if you can personalize them with your company logo and a phrase that cites the purpose of the image. Share them on your social networks like Facebook, Flickr and Twitter.
- Tips or Tips. A good way to position your reputation as an expert is to share brief tips and tips on your website or social networks, you can accompany them with images or you can even do it through videos.
- Articles or Reports. Depending on the business area in which you specialize, you can create or share articles or reports about your industry that bring real value to your market. You can upload them to your website and share them on your social networks or email marketing campaigns. Example: Nielsen
- E-Books. What we know as “white paper”, small books online in pdf or ebook format with current issues and great help for your market. Great to be used as a subscription incentive or to bring traffic to your website. Example: Hobspot
- Manuals or Guides. If your product is complicated and requires support, take advantage of this to be close to your market and generate valuable content, create manuals or user guides that can be shared in networks, mobile applications and on your own website. Example: SocialBro
- Audios. If you like to talk more than write, you can generate podcast with various topics about your business experience, have a niche and very specialized are very viral. Example: Radio Finance
- Infographics. Another way to generate content in a more visual way is to produce brief reports on business, product, service, market, etc. issues. Through infographics. Very fashionable today. Example: TicsyTraining
- Lists. We like fast knowledge and quality, lists are very popular on the net. Produces lists of companies, cases of success, products, services, characteristics, uses, etc. Share them on your social networks, you can also make them as infographics, video, images or presentations.
- Newsletters. One way to keep in permanent contact with clients and prospects is through email marketing campaigns. You can share links, information about your product / service or your industry. Try to use ESP (Email Service Provider) platforms. First Name:
- Success stories. A potential customer can learn a lot from the success of your product / service on other customers. Tell the story of your best success stories, share it with every possible detail so that they are reflected in it. Example: Zen Marketing
- Templates. Another idea is to generate clear examples of how to elaborate certain processes or projects, the templates are ideal to help your market to structure their ideas and facilitate their work.
- Webinars. Highly recommended, you can give lectures or a small workshop a month, promote it in your networks and website. It must be of very valuable content, with a striking theme of practical. Find what you need to know or what interests your market. Example: Google
As you will see there are many ideas to create a solid content platform without having a blog. All of them require planning, preparation, strategy and production so that you succeed in being found, positioning yourself and gaining the reputation that will lead you to increase prospects and sales.
The only thing you can not avoid doing if you are really interested in having a total presence on the internet is NOT to generate content, without this you are outside and very behind your competition.